Houston Violent Crime Attorney
Accused of a Violent Crime?
Violent crimes are some of the most serious offenses in Texas and throughout the United States. Violent crimes are generally characterized by the use of force, threat of force, or instilling fear in the victim. If you have been charged with a violent crime, you need to retain a Houston violent crime lawyer as soon as possible. A conviction for a violent crime can result in severe penalties, including long prison sentences, steep fines, and loss of civil rights. Without the representation of an experienced criminal defense lawyer, you may find it difficult to defend yourself against the allegations and charges against you.
At Holt Law, our Houston violent crime lawyer has handled hundreds of cases and is ready to help you. We know both sides of the criminal justice system and can use this insight to help you avoid a conviction and penalties.
Call our firm at (713) 766-0030to schedule a consultation with our Houston violent crime attorney. We can help you!
What Are Violent Crimes in Texas?
In Texas, there are several offenses that are considered violent crimes. Violent crimes are generally crimes that involve the use of force against a victim. Violent crimes can be charged as either a misdemeanor or felony, depending on the circumstances of the offense, if the victim suffered moderate or severe injuries, and if any weapons are involved.
Here are some common types of violent crimes:
- Assault: Assault is the intentional act of causing apprehension or fear of immediate physical harm to another person. It can involve threats, attempts, or actual physical contact.
- Robbery: Robbery occurs when someone unlawfully takes another person's property through force, intimidation, or threat of violence. It often involves the victim being present during the crime.
- Murder: Homicide is the act of causing the death of another person. It can be classified as murder (intentional killing), manslaughter (unintentional killing), or justifiable homicide (killing in self-defense or to prevent a serious crime).
- Sexual Assault: Sexual assault refers to any unwanted sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the victim. It includes acts such as rape, sexual battery, and molestation.
- Domestic Violence: Domestic violence involves the use of force or control by one person over another in a close relationship, such as spouses, intimate partners, or family members. It can include physical, emotional, or sexual abuse.
- Kidnapping: Kidnapping is the unlawful and intentional abduction or confinement of a person against their will. It involves taking someone to another location without their consent, often for ransom or other criminal purposes.
- Child Abuse: Child abuse refers to the mistreatment or neglect of a child, resulting in physical or emotional harm. It can include physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, or neglect.
- Hate Crimes: Hate crimes are committed against individuals or groups based on their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or other protected characteristics. These crimes are motivated by prejudice or bias.
- Terrorism: Terrorism involves the use of violence or intimidation to achieve political, religious, or ideological goals. It includes acts such as bombings, hijackings, and targeted attacks on civilians.
- Gang Violence: Gang violence refers to criminal activities carried out by organized groups or gangs. It can involve assaults, shootings, drug trafficking, and territorial disputes.
How Can a Houston Violent Crime Attorney Help?
If you have been charged with a violent crime, you should not wait to retain the services of a Houston violent crime lawyer. A conviction for a violent crime can result in severe penalties. However, with the help of a criminal defense lawyer, you may be able to have your case reduced or dismissed. Additionally, if you have been falsely accused of a violent crime, you may be able to have the charges against you dropped.
Call our firm at (713) 766-0030to discuss your case with our Houston violent crime lawyer. Ready to protect your rights and future!
Work Directly with Attorney Aaron Holt
Strong Principles of Honesty & Integrity
Will Fight Hard for Your Rights
Free Initial Consultation
Thank you for everything you have done.- Michael
He exceeded our expectations. We won :-)- Jamie
He is my go-to guy.- Jason
Helped me keep my job and stay on the right track.- Kelby
I personally believe he's the real deal.- Salia