Houston Drug Crimes Attorney
Let Our Firm Protect Your Rights & Future
Texas has some of the toughest drug laws in the United States. A conviction results in jail or prison time, fines, and a criminal record that can negatively impact your life. In order to avoid the serious criminal penalties associated with a drug crime conviction, you must hire an experienced criminal defense lawyer to fight for you.
At Holt Law, we are dedicated to helping our clients through such a trying time. Our Houston drug crime defense attorney can thoroughly assess your case and figure out all your legal options to get the best possible outcome in your case. Do not wait to get effective and affordable legal counsel on your side.
Defense Against Drug Crime Charges
A drug crime is an umbrella term to define multiple offenses involving illicit drugs and controlled substances. Common types of drugs involved in these crimes include heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA (ecstasy), LSD, morphine, oxycodone, morphine, marijuana, etc.
Drugs are categorized into five “schedules” based on their potential for abuse and their medicinal value. Schedule I controlled substances are considered highly addictive with no accepted medical use, while Schedule V drugs have a low potential for addiction and accepted medical use.
The following are the common types of drug crimes our firm handles:
- Drug possession – This drug crime occurs when you possess a small quantity of controlled substance for personal use.
- Drug possession with intent to distribute – If you are in possession of a large quantity of drugs, you could be charged with possession with intent to distribute. In addition to the drugs, you could be charged with this drug crime for also possessing a significant amount of cash, small baggies, and a weight scale.
- Drug sale and distribution – Also known as “drug dealing,” this drug crime means selling of illegal drugs, often on a smaller scale.
- Drug trafficking – This drug crime means selling, transporting, and importing illegal narcotics. Drug trafficking is often described as drug dealing on a larger scale since the offense involves a substantial amount of drugs.
- Drug manufacturing or cultivation – This drug crime means the production of illegal drugs.
Most drug crimes are charges as felonies, which are punishable by a lengthy prison sentence and fines worth thousands of dollars. Due to seriousness of these penalties, it is wise to obtain legal representation from a skilled lawyer.
Ready to Help You Today
If you have been charged with a drug crime, Holt Law provides our clients with high-quality and personalized legal solutions. We can guide you through the complexities of the criminal justice system while protecting your rights and freedom.
Work Directly with Attorney Aaron Holt
Strong Principles of Honesty & Integrity
Will Fight Hard for Your Rights
Free Initial Consultation
Thank you for everything you have done.- Michael
He exceeded our expectations. We won :-)- Jamie
He is my go-to guy.- Jason
Helped me keep my job and stay on the right track.- Kelby
I personally believe he's the real deal.- Salia