PCRA Effective. Affordable. Advocacy.

Post Conviction Relief Act in Pennsylvania

Let Our Harrisburg PCRA Attorney Continue Your Fight

Just because you or your loved one has recently been convicted doesn’t mean that your legal fight is over. If your conviction involves the violation of your constitutional rights, you may file a petition under the Post Conviction Relief Act to get your conviction dismissed—with the help of an experienced Harrisburg criminal defense attorney.

At Holt Law, we are dedicated to helping our convicted clients get their conviction and sentence lifted through the appeals process. Our Harrisburg PCRA lawyer can thoroughly assess your case, collect evidence, and determine whether a petition under the Post Conviction Relief Act is the best possible solution. Do not hesitate to get started on your legal defense immediately.

To schedule a free initial consultation, contact us today at (717) 459-4255.

About the Post Conviction Relief Act

A PCRA appeal is not the same as a direct appeal. You may file a PCRA petition if your constitutional rights have been violated during the trial process, which undermined the legal process to determine your guilt or innocence.

Additionally, you may file this petition for ineffective legal counsel. For instance, your lawyer didn’t file a specific motion, investigate witnesses, or object the introduction of specific evidence.

You could also file a PCRA petition if your sentence exceeds the maximum sentence guidelines allowed by law. In other words, if the judge hands down a sentence that is higher than allowed by Pennsylvania law, you may argue that the sentence is illegal.

A PCRA petition can also be filed if new evidence becomes available that would’ve changed the outcome of your trial. Remember, this evidence cannot be already presented at trial or show that a credible witness was lying at trial.

Other grounds to file a PCRA petition include:

  • Being unlawfully induced to plead guilty despite your innocence
  • The government obstructed your right to appeal
  • There is no subject matter jurisdiction in the court you were convicted

After the judge sentences you or your loved, you have one year to file a PCRA petition. For example, a sentence is final after the 30-day window to file an appeal has passed.

Schedule a Free Consultation Today

Seeking relief through the PCRA is both complex and difficult. Since there is no room for error, you need a knowledgeable and skilled lawyer to help you make the best possible case. Let Holt Law continue your fight and help you get the most favorable outcome.

Call (717) 459-4255 to learn more about PCRA petitions in Pennsylvania.

Why Choose Us?

How Holt Law Is Different
  • Work Directly with Attorney Aaron Holt
  • Strong Principles of Honesty & Integrity
  • Will Fight Hard for Your Rights
  • Free Initial Consultation

Client Testimonials

See Why People Turn to Holt Law
  • Thank you for everything you have done.

    “Attorney went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate my needs he showed great interest and compassion for my situation without hesitation. I would recommend him for any legal matter that ...”

    - Michael
  • He exceeded our expectations. We won :-)

    “I called Attorney Arron Holt without any references. When I spoke to him regarding an issue concerning my 15 yr. old son. He showed a lot of concern for him. He made me feel so confident and informed ...”

    - Jamie
  • He is my go-to guy.

    “I would never seek another criminal attorney. He is my go-to guy.”

    - Jason
  • Helped me keep my job and stay on the right track.

    “Mr. Holt is a great Lawyer. Helped me keep my license which essentially helped me keep my job and stay on the right track. I would recommend him to anyone!”

    - Kelby
  • I personally believe he's the real deal.

    “This lawyer is prompt, professional and I definitely wouldn't hesitate to hire again. Well versed in law and asks the questions that nobody else will. 10 plus stars for being cost efficient. I ...”

    - Salia